Is Adoption Right For You
Choosing adoption is a big decision that should be made after much thought and consideration. We believe expectant parents deserve to be thoroughly educated about the adoption process in order to make an informed choice.
Adoption vs parenting
If you don’t feel ready to parent, adoption is a viable, responsible option. Even for the most prepared parents, raising a baby is tough, especially when juggling it with school or work. Caring for a newborn is a 24/7 job. When you become a parent, you must shift your focus and put your baby first. It requires a lifelong commitment, suitable financial means, and emotional stability. If, for whatever reason, you don’t feel ready or able to take on such a big commitment, don’t let anyone pressure you into it. If you feel the need to explore other options, you have the right to do so.
Here are some common reasons expectant mothers choose adoption for their baby.
- She does not feel ready to be a parent.
- She feels too young or not emotionally prepared to raise a baby.
- She is not in a financial position to care for a baby.
- She fears a baby might interfere with finishing school or furthering her career.
- She is not in a relationship with the biological father and does not want to be a single parent, or she wants her baby to grow up in a two-parent family.
- She believes adoption is the best chance for her baby to grow up being well cared for, both emotionally and financially.
What Adoption Can Offer Your Child
Adoption is one of the most loving and selfless gifts you can give both your baby and an adoptive family. You won’t be placing your baby with just anyone. You’ll be placing your baby with a responsible family who has been waiting and longing for a child to love. Your act of love will make someone’s dream of becoming a parent come true.
Adoption can Provide
- Emotionally ready parents
- Financial security
- Quality education
- A safe, stable home life
- Loving relatives and grandparents
- Medical, dental, and eye care
- Opportunities for a happy, fulfilling life